02 March 2012

Homemade Egg Waffle - Hong Kong Style (雞蛋仔)

Finally the sun is out today. I decided to make some homemade egg waffles. Remember my post New Toy. My hubby bought me a mold for making egg waffles. Egg waffle is a kind of special pancake very popular in Hong Kong. Usually egg waffles are sold on the sidewalks in busy streets.

 This is the mold and is a smaller version than those sold on the street.

OK...it's time to make some waffles. We need to make the batter first. We need.. plain flour, custer powder, baking powder, starch, water, 2 eggs, sugar and evaporated milk.


OK, got them all. Mixed all the ingredients and leave it for an hour in room temperature.

Leave the mixture in a jar so when we cook the waffle, it will be easier to pour in the mold.
First trial - Fail!!!!!! no picture..... too ugly, forgot to take photos.
Second trial..... fail!!!
3rd trial......fail!!!!
4th trial.... fail!!!!
..
..
..
..
and after nth times..... finally, it's getting better! But still not good enough.

Too brown.

Getting better!
Look's like the real one.

Ok this is the final piece. 




Yeah! finally not bad, but I need to practice more! Hope you like my Egg Waffle!







3 comments:

  1. hii i have the exact same mold at home but cant seem to get good at it, well my mom only tried 5 times i think.. but like any tips on how to use it? like keep it on top of a stove? cause my mom just heated and brought it to the table and cooked it there (which failed) haha pls reply ^^ thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi tiff, you can find tips here......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFghcpzKmQw. Hope this video can help you.

      Cheers,
      Mimimendoll

      Delete
  2. um sorry i forgot to add, would you kindly reply me via email? it would be a great help to me as i am considering making it next weekend heh, thanks again! email: tiiffs2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete